Thursday, November 6, 2008

RIP Michael Crichton

Another literary giant is lost.

One of the reasons why I've developed an interest in science is because of his books. He along with Robin Cook gave some semblance to science fiction writing. His books were easy to read but that didn't mean he took liberties with facts, almost all his books were meticulosly researched and presented to the readers.

He is one of the few people who was succesful at print and visual media. ER created by him is by far the best medical dramas.

I'll end the post with the statement that his family issued "Through his books, Michael Crichton served as an inspiration to students of all ages, challenged scientists in many fields, and illuminated the mysteries of the world in a way we could all understand" That pretty much sums up his works.

3 comments:

KC said...

I just started reading his books recently, but I was amazed at the amount of stuff I learned..it's like a textbook, only a million times more interesting

RIP!!

SaTtY said...

I know, he was known as the father of "techno-thrillers."

KC said...

I'm more amazed by his futuristic views..narration style is not exactly that extraordinary.